Imagine a world where Baptists, Jews and Episcopalians come together to help meet a critical need in the Nashville community – serving the homeless. The Boulevard Bolt meets that need with a long tradition of serving Nashville’s homeless community. Proceeds have been used for such vital projects as:
- Purchasing backpacks with “street survival supplies” for homeless youth
- Helping pay for laundry facilities at a homeless shelter
- Adding a hot breakfast to services provided by a local soup kitchen
- Operating a truck to deliver meals to the homeless on the streets
- Supporting “safe nights” in a 24/7 shelter for homeless victims of domestic violence
- Supporting a chronic disease program for local medical clinic serving the homeless
- Paying for electronic health records for a mobile healthcare van serving the homeless
….and many other much needed services
All Nashville agencies that benefit the homeless are invited to apply for funds from the Boulevard Bolt. Each year an allocations committee with members from each congregation determines the priority for funding. All monies received above race costs are donated to the selected agencies each year. The three congregations receive none of the money and in fact donate their space and resources each year.
Since 1994, we have donated over $2.75 million to the homeless community in Nashville.
2016 GRANT process is now closed.
The 2016 Boulevard Bolt supported the following agencies:
Aphesis House, Inc.
The Clinic at Mercury Courts
Communities in Schools of Tennessee
Community Resource Center
Connect Us Outreach Center
Faith Family Medical Clinic
How's Nashville Partner Agencies
Loaves and Fishes, Community Meals for the Hungry
Magdelene (Thistle Farms)
Matthew 25, Inc.
orning Star Sanctuary
Nashville Diaper Connection
The Nashville Food Project
The Next Door
Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee
Oasis Center, Inc.
Open Table Nashville
Operation Stand Down Nashville
Prevent Child Abuse
Renewal House, Inc.
Room in the Inn's Campus for Human Development
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Salvation Army of Middle Tennessee
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Shade Tree Family Clinic
Siloam Family Health Center
St. Luke's Community House
Youth Villages of Middle Tennessee
YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee